From: Tupe, Amol (Amol) [mailto:tu...@avaya.com]
Sent: 2015年5月12日 21:40
To: Ma, Dong (Vincent, Open Source Program Office); fossol...@fossology.org
Subject: RE: Fossology Single server install on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Hi Vincent,
Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, In intend to do “Single Server installation” of FOSSology.

I am very new to fossology, what do you mean by “fossology staff”?

You said, “…if your package repo configure correct, it will be installed
automate by this step”
Do you have steps of how to configure the package repo correctly ?

Following are steps done by me:-

1.       On my Ubuntu 12.04, I have following in my /etc/apt/sources.list
~
deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise universe
# deb-src http://extras.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise main
deb http://www.fossology.org/releases/2.6.2/Ubuntu/ 12.04 contrib
~
After modifying the sources.list, I run following

2.
$ sudo apt-get update
[sudo] password for platform:
Ign http://www.fossology.org 12.04 Release.gpg
Hit http://ppa.launchpad.net precise Release.gpg
Hit http://www.fossology.org 12.04 Release
Ign http://www.fossology.org 12.04/contrib amd64 Packages/DiffIndex
Hit http://ppa.launchpad.net precise Release
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com precise Release.gpg
Hit http://apt.postgresql.org precise-pgdg Release.gpg
Ign http://www.fossology.org 12.04/contrib i386 Packages/DiffIndex
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com precise Release
Ign http://www.fossology.org 12.04/contrib TranslationIndex
Hit http://ppa.launchpad.net precise/main Sources
Hit http://www.fossology.org 12.04/contrib amd64 Packages
Hit http://apt.postgresql.org precise-pgdg Release
Hit http://www.fossology.org 12.04/contrib i386 Packages
Hit http://ppa.launchpad.net precise/main amd64 Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com precise/universe amd64 Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com precise/universe i386 Packages
Hit http://apt.postgresql.org precise-pgdg/main amd64 Packages
Hit http://ppa.launchpad.net precise/main i386 Packages
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com precise/universe TranslationIndex
Hit http://apt.postgresql.org precise-pgdg/main i386 Packages
Hit http://ppa.launchpad.net precise/main TranslationIndex
Hit http://archive.ubuntu.com precise/universe Translation-en
Hit http://ppa.launchpad.net precise/main Translation-en
Ign http://apt.postgresql.org precise-pgdg/main TranslationIndex
Ign http://www.fossology.org 12.04/contrib Translation-en_US
Ign http://www.fossology.org 12.04/contrib Translation-en
Ign http://apt.postgresql.org precise-pgdg/main Translation-en_US
Ign http://apt.postgresql.org precise-pgdg/main Translation-en
Reading package lists... Done
$

3.
$ sudo apt-get install fossology
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

fossology : Depends: fossology-ununpack but it is not going to be installed
             Depends: fossology-buckets but it is not going to be installed

4.       After the step 3 above, if I try to install dependency packages but
then there is next level of dependencies
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

fossology-pkgagent : Depends: rpm but it is not installable
                      Depends: librpm2 (>= 4.9.0) but it is not installable
                      Depends: librpmio2 (>= 4.9.0) but it is not installable
fossology-ununpack : Depends: sleuthkit but it is not going to be installed
                      Depends: rpm but it is not installable

What is your suggestion, Is there something wrong in deb entry in my
/etc/apt/sources.list
OR
I should go ahead and install all package dependency  tree?

Regards,

Amol T