hello,

thanks for this questions.

In the SPDX document, for each file, there is for example:

…

FileName: zlib-1.2.8/inflate.c
SPDXID: SPDXRef-item9246
FileChecksum: SHA1: 5ede4b23d0e54bfb08fed005cb35dd7b11580081
FileChecksum: MD5: 46cb3a81ac3fa57789eba65cfecf754d
LicenseConcluded: Zlib
LicenseInfoInFile: LicenseRef-Zlib-possibility
FileCopyrightText: <text> Copyright (C) 1995-2012 Mark Adler </text>
so, the “LicenseInfoInFile” is what scanners find

…

and the shows “LicenseConcluded” what was concluded.

Concluded license entries are created in fossology by

a)      manual user decision

b)      bulk scan (matching distics licensing statements)

c)       reuse from previously analysed files

d)      auto decider when some conditions of scanner findings are met

In addition, you will have the opportunity to see more information by the
document report for *office in a *.docx file. This was also introduced a new
feature in 3.2 release candidate 1.

Does this answer help your question?

Kind regards, Michael