On Tue, 2017-11-07 at 21:03 +0100, Maximilian Huber wrote:

Clear and prompt answers Maximilian, nice!

> Hello Marvin,
>
> On Mo, 14. Aug 10:08, Marvin Koesters wrote:
> > 1.       Is the open source software for free?
>
> It is open source and thus for free.

> > 2.       Does the software scan complete directories in an order
> > that was defined before?
>
> The main usecase is to asynchronously scan whole source code
> artifacts. The application walks the directory structure within the
> source code without a special order.
>
> If multiple artifacts are scheduled for scanning at the same time,
> FOSSology has a scheduler to work on them in parallel.
>
> > 3.       Which program languages is the software able to scan?
>
> All languages are supported.
>
> FOSSology mainly searches for copyright statements and other explicit
> statements in the source code,

This leads me to believe there is a regex at the heart of Fossology
that searches for copyright. Is that correct?

>  which can be recognized independent of
> the surrounding programming language.
>
> > 4.       On which proximity, like windows or linux,  does the
> > software work?
>
> The application runs on a server and provides a web interface to
> schedule scans, to clear the results and to generate reports.
>
> Many parts of it can also be controlled via the CLI interface and are
> thus useable for automated scanning.
>
> Best regards
> Maximilian

Cheers,

Jeremiah

This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended only for the recipient(s) named
above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive them. They
may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient,
please do not read this email or its attachment(s). Furthermore, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any
attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then
delete this e-mail and any attachment(s) or copies thereof from your system.
Thank you.