Dne četrtek, 22. februar 2018 ob 07:59:46 CET je Michael C. Jaeger napisal(a):
> -> but how about changing the output to ODF, would these proprietary Word
> processors run OK with *.odt (?) files?

The last time I checked – and that was quite some years ago – MS Office
officially
had ODF support.

How much it garbles the formatting these days though, I honestly don’t know.

But from the PoV of archiving and data preservations ODF and PDF/A make sense,
while .docx doesn’t. Of course, the question is whether people actually want
or need to store the written reports for any long period of time.

cheers,
Matija
--
gsm:    +386 41 849 552