Hello,

thanks for suggesting a topic!

well first we need to see if the GSOC application works well for us and then if
there are students applying for it and what topics they like and so on .. but
as for a topic suggestion, the integration of scancode is a good suggestion.

As for new licenses, we have improved the structure how licenses are stored as
"the initial set". note that you can add your licenses to a fossology
installation by CSV import as bulk operation or via Web UI license by license
in addition to the default installation.

Regarding for relatively new licenses like the SSPL I looked into the spdx
license list: SSPL-1.0 is there. And it is in the master file of fossology
(https://github.com/fossology/fossology/blob/master/install/db/licenseRef.json).
 so it is found by monk. I guess it will be also found at spdx license ref
statement (by ojo). It is found by nomos? There is an entry there.

but I agree, scancode integration is a good topic for fossology. I am not sure
currently what technical obstacles will pop up and how it shall be done. I
would say, the fossology appication understands if scancode is installed, and
in case yes, it could be offered as a choice as it is done with nomos, monk or
ojo.

let's add this to the wiki of topics.

Kind regards,
  Michael