Hi Jesse,

Thank you for the links, the last time I asked to look at those I was told
the whole mailing list was private and not open to the public, I think
opening this up is a huge step forward towards transparency.

I appreciate also your clarification about Gerard, I would have appreciated
him making that clear in the discussions that happened.

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Jesse Plamondon-Willard <
pathosch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Muhammad Alsebaey <shipmas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >   - Gerard has been the *only* person from LangCom that I have seen reply
> >   to any of the issues, his replies are selective, he refuses to answer
> >   whatever he doesnt think is relevant to his argument and is in general
> very
> >   aggressive, If the guys at LangCom chose him as the public face, I
> would say
> >   they were looking to pick fights rather than communicate decisions.
>
> Gerard is definitely not a subcommittee spokesperson. Every word he
> and I speak are as individual members, speaking our own opinions.
> Discussion with the subcommittee should be done on the mailing list or
> on <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Language_subcommittee>, where
> I for example frequently respond.
>

> Muhammad Alsebaey <shipmas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >   - After looking on the meta page for the committee, I asked if the
> >   committee has any mechanism for determining inactive members, if the
> process
> >   of decision is 'I sent an email and no one objected', that may mean
> >   approval, but it also may mean that people are not active. I got no
> answer
> >   for the question but Immediately after Masry controversy, two committee
> >   members resigned and one was removed for inactivity without any
> explanation
> >   given, is that an acknowledgement that the committee was
> malfunctioning? Why
> >   wasnt there some kind of public explaination.
>
> The members resigned or were removed at my proposal, one of several
> changes to ensure the problem you mentioned did not occur again. There
> are no language subcommittee announcements, but this and other
> decisions can be understood by reading the public archives:
> <
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_subcommittee/Archives/2008-11#Remove_inactive_members
> >.
>
> --