On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Dan Rosenthal <swatjes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 6, 2010, at 10:24 PM, geni wrote:
>>
>> 3D objects could already be supported as .blend files although we
>> don't at this point.
>>
>> --
>> geni
>
> But not the manipulation of them in a fully interactive physics based 3d
> environment with simultaneous interaction from thousands of other concurrent
> users.

That is "virtual reality" for its own sake, rather than for
instructional benefits.
And consider those "concurrent users" including children.

There is a lot of research about the pedagogical and epistemological
opportunities in VR, but the cases were it is clearly beneficial are
not numerous and probably only useful on Wikiversity, and I doubt you
will find anyone advocating for the educational advantages of
"interaction from .. concurrent [pseudonymous adults and children]".

--
John Vandenberg