On 10/11/2010 12:48 PM, [email protected] wrote: > I stumbled upon a link on the Talk Page of Henry Fonda (which I removed) > which directs the reader to a page that contains a PHP script. > > That idea disturbs me, I think it should be, but I'm not sure it is, > against policy. > > Do we have a policy that forbids or at least discourages the use of links > to pages with embedded scripts? >
Such a policy would prohibit linking to most of the internet. PHP is a very common language to make websites with; its what MediaWiki is written in. PHP is executed server-side, so its not inherently more dangerous than plain HTML, at least not significantly so to the extent that we should avoid linking to a page on the sole basis that it uses PHP. Its files that are executed client-side, outside of the browser like exe and zip files that we need to be concerned about. -- Alex (wikipedia:en:User:Mr.Z-man) _______________________________________________ foundation-l mailing list [email protected] Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-l
