Klaus Graf, 25/01/2012 13:11:
I think there is a much more important issue we should discuss.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Deletion_requests/All_files_copyrighted_in_the_US_under_the_URAA

The US-centric WS may neglect it because there is widespread opinion
that human beeings can only live in the US but for all European
Wikisource branches this is VERY VERY important. I cannot understand
that the danger to loose important parts of our work doesn't matter.
We can move the media from Commons to the local wikis but what if -
worst case - the WMF decides not to tolerate media or TEXTS not PD in
the US on WMF servers (without fair use rationale, see en WP)?

The WMF has already decided so in 2007, as mentioned just a few days ago about it.source, which had to move texts to a WMIT-hosted server: https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Anthere&oldid=769384#Humble_reminder (and section above, linked there).

Nemo