Hi Dave,

Today at 15:26, David Neary wrote:

> I would like to propose, then, that the referendum take place in
> October (to allow the vote to happen before the next board
> elections). I would like to board to ratify this, and ask the election
> committee to put the wheels in motion at our next board meeting on
> Wednesday.

I don't think we've seen enough campaigning from those in favour of
the change.  I.e. it is my opinion that most of those who don't care,
don't want board size to be reduced, or are unable to judge based on
the available data (this includes myself), simply didn't take part in
the discussion.

As with many changes, I think the foundation membership would be
confronted with a question unable to answer (including board
elections, as has been pointed out previously, since we commonly vote
based on technical merits).  And this leads to low turn-out.

At least, that's how I feel: I simply do not know if reducing the
board size is going to help anything or not, and if it is, I am not
seeing what exactly (yes, I've seen mentions about only couple of
board members being active, I've seen arguments about simplifying
decision making, etc. but I've also seen counter-arguments, and truth
be told, none of them seemed strong enough).

As it is, such a referendum would end up being NOT VOTING for me,
because I don't feel strongly about it either way.  And I hope I
should feel strongly about it.

Cheers,
Danilo