Anne wrote:
[snip]
> I do not say this to start a new long debat in this tread. But it has
> become obvious that the 1% participation of women in FLOSS is
> embarrassing and we need to have a look at why this is the case and make
> some cultural changes.
>
> I know that the Computer Science Department at the University of
> Gothenburg in Sweden has a gender action plan:
> http://www.informatik.gu.se/dokument/dokument.xsp?group=jamstalldhet&menu=org
>
> I think that many other universities and even GNOME and Ubuntu could get
> a lot of inspiration here. (Provided it gets translated from Swedish
> into a language you understand.)
[snip]

Realistically, this plans needs to be written by you. Others will help you
with it, but you need to create it and drive it.

As a start, I think we have some definite things to try, based on the
Flosspolls report:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-women-list/2006-May/msg00001.html

At the least, it would be great to read the policies or plans that other
science/technical organisations have created, particularly if they have
proven successful already. For instance, a list of web addresses, or
summaries. In English. You seem like the most well-informed person to do
this.

Murray Cumming
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.murrayc.com