(Wanted to leave this to others, but oh well)

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 05:37:29PM +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:
[..]
> I cannot really speak to your other requests but I'd say the only problem
> there will be finding administrators with the time and energy available to
> help you out.
>
> > - Mirroring GNOME CVS
>
> Perhaps you need more but I believe this is already possible using CVSup
> http://www.cvsup.org/

Alvaro: Please don't. When people need this (for mirror purposes), we
(sysadmins) hand out rsync access. Much better on the load.

> > - Access to the Bugzilla database
>
> did a quick search and there may be archived copies of Gnome Bugzilla from
> before any major upgrade, "Dump the database in text format".
> http://live.gnome.org/BugzillaUpgrade
> with a copy of that you should be able to rebuild but an easier way may
> exist.

Those backups include security sensitive stuff like password hashes,
logincookies and private bugs. Handing out a cleaned up copy is
possible, but nobody should do it except me.

> > A sysadmin contact asking him/her to help us in the process could be
> > better way to do it.

When someone decides this is a good idea (suggest to let the board
decide), giving the required info is the easy part.

However, suggest beforehand to have them sign a NDA (not to reveal
personal data). Plus have GNOME review any outcome beforehand. IIRC this
is the way Mozilla handles with such requests.

--
Regards,
Olav