<quote who="Adrian Custer">

> "GNOME" cannot have a geopolitical view since "Gnome is people" and we
> each, well, erhm, perhaps, think a little differently. Now the "GNOME
> foundation" probably has to recognize nation states but don't think for
> a second that means that "GNOME" does.

cf. "flags". If you are becoming serious here, you are missing the tenor of
the discussion.

> And if such a thing happened in say Turkey, Lebanon, Mexico, or Cape
> Verde, who would seriously object?

I don't think so. No one has objected to the numerous GNOME conferences that
have popped up all around the world as a result of our wonderful community.
But none of them are GUADEC.

- Jeff

--
Open CeBIT 2007: Sydney, Australia              http://www.opencebit.com.au/

   "2.4.1ac17 is full of innovations and should be used with caution." -
                             Linux Weekly News