Hi Rui,
I just read through this whole thread from start to finish after having
gotten a little behind on my email.

Personally the ODF versus OOXML discussion is only of secondary interest
to me, but one thing struck me through this whole debate. Rui, it is
fine to disagree with Miguel and Michael about the qualities or lack of
such of the OOXML specification. But I don't think the kind of rude
personal attacks and snide remarks you been targeting at Miguel and
Michael throughout this discussion belong anywhere. Miguel and Michael
have each done more for free software than most of us can even hope to
aspire to, and thus trying to smear them only makes you look bad and for
people to consider your arguments to be without merit.

I assume the reason this debate is on the gnome foundation list is
because there is a wish to have the GNOME foundation come out stronger
in favour of ODF. But if that is the goal I think a more professional
attitude is a better tool, as the current badmouthing do not entice me
at least, to get stronger GNOME endorsement ODF.

Christian