<quote who="Thomas Wood">

> During discussions about copyright at GUADEC several people mentioned that
> developers were not encouraged to assign copyright to the GNOME
> Foundation.

Not so much "not encouraged" as "no one's ever done it before and we haven't
created the necessary bureaucracy/infrastructure to handle it". We'd need to
create a copyright assignment form and process - if, that is, we decide it's
worth doing. :-)

(I think it probably is - plus it has come up a number of times in the GPLv3
discussions.)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

   "The Vines are the latest pretenders to the thrown." - Vines review by
                                liv4now.com