On Nov 25, 2007 12:39 PM, jamie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 12:18 -0500, Jody Goldberg wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 12:56:09PM +0000, jamie wrote:

> > > Office 2007 has less than 10% of all office versions (50m out of 500m)
> > Which is already comperable to the OO.o installbase.  They are
> > playing with a much larger population.
>
> yes and that larger population is using older office versions so MS
> still has a lot of work to do to sell to them an expensive upgrade which
> mostly only contains a prettier interface

The sell here for Microsoft is very very easy.  The small businesses
that I do consulting for here in the US all use Microsoft operating
systems and office products.  At this point, when they order a new PC
as either a replacement or an upgrade, they are unable to order
Microsoft Office 2003.  Microsoft has enough monopoly control to force
users to change to the new version, simply by making the old one
unavailable.

The change to Microsoft Office 2007 will happen, and the change to
MOOX will inevitably follow.
     Greg