On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 19:03 +0000, BJörn Lindqvist wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:03 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  About GUADEC out of Europe, that's fine as long as the place is Ok for
> >  travel.  Bangalore has the same problem that US has.  Too far...  That
> >  said, I love to see GUADEC '11 in Morocco for example...
>
> I wouldn't. GNOME is all about creating more freedom, Morocco is all
> about taking away those freedoms. It would seem weird if the
> conference was hosted in a country so diametrically opposed to what
> GNOME stands for. That and the burning summer heat. :)

GNOME is People.  Do you have any evidence that the Moroccan *people*
are opposed to the values GNOME stands for?  We think we in GNOME have a
great thing to offer, and any person on this planet deserves being part
of this the same as any other one.  "Those people have an oppressing
regime, ignore them" is not a really compelling idea to me.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/

        -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759