Hey

On 4/22/08, Behdad Esfahbod <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 14:38 -0400, Adam Schreiber wrote:
>  >

> > I too would appreciate another North/Central/South America based
>  > conference if GUADEC can't be moved across the pond occasionally.
>  > However, I suspect that because the GNOME summit is held in Boston
>  > every year we will have to make due.
>

> Boston Summit can move around.  Just come up with proposals for Boston
>  Summit 2009 before this year's Summit.  Send to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It just hit me, if Boston Summit is usually around October and there's
the LA tour planned for October, why not merge both ideas?
We can have BS (ok, never use that acronym) in -say- Lima, and then
some of the hackers can take a plane to -say- Santiago, some guys from
Europe could also come and be in the Summit instead of just watching
via IRC.

Of course this involves having the usual attendees pay an extra fee
for the trip, it's still something reasonable to pay under 1000 usd to
get a weekend in South America.
Also there's a language barrier, but I wouldn't consider it an actual
problem, given that people in the Summit is gonna interact mainly
between them.

What do you think?