Hi,

>> It is also important to give equally good support to other systems
>> people can use for telling each other about events; for instance,
>> social networking sites of the free software community, and
>> peer-to-peer methods.  This way, GNOME won't favor Facebook over those
>> other methods.
>>

> I'm sure most of us agree to that. Don't worry ;).

   So say we all! Unfortunately, I don't see any free (or even close)
alternatives out there. The closest I can find are some local social
networking websites[1] but they've traditionally concentrated on
localization rather than internationalization. This policy did help
them succeed in the countries they operated in and/or targeted but
only until facebook became widespread. They failed to compete against
this new service that offered the same features they offered but
attracted users from all over the world.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124