http://blogs.gnome.org/foundation/2010/05/05/stormys-update-week-of-april-26-2010/

GNOME Asia <http://gnome.asia/> meeting. The GNOME Asia team is planning
GNOME Asia 2010. While the exact event hasn't been announced, I can tell you
it will most likely be in Taiwan and they are already looking for potential
speakers.

I attended several GNOME A11y <http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility> &
HFOSS<http://hfoss.org/>meetings. We are working with several
universities this summer that will
have students working on GNOME a11y projects. The GNOME a11y team is coming
up with potential projects and mentors for the students to pick from.

Board meeting. The board met. The minutes will come out soon. Brian's doing
a great job of taking minutes and making sure we all track and update our
action items.

Rosanna. Met with Rosanna for our regular weekly meeting but the meeting was
eclipsed by our discussion of the fake check that someone tried to cash
against the GNOME Foundation. Everything's fine but we are working with our
bank to make things as secure and safe as possible.

Silicon Flatirons Patents and Free and Open Source Software
event<http://www.silicon-flatirons.org/events.php?id=817>.
Spent Thursday afternoon and evening at the CU law school at a legal event
about patents and free and open source software. I was on a panel that
talked about some interesting data that shows most startup software
companies don't pursue patents but they think VCs value them. The VC on our
panel, Jason Mendelson, said he didn't.

1:1 with adboard member concerned about GNOME 3.

Wrapped up a few last minute details around the marketing hackfest. Many
thanks to Agustín Benito Bethencourt, Ignacio Correas, Alberto Capella for
organizing it. Thanks to the Zaragoza
Municipality<http://www.zaragoza.es/ciudad/ayto/>,
Aragon Regional Governmen, Technological Institute of Aragon
(ITA)<http://www.asolif.es/>,
ASOLIF <http://www.asolif.es/>, CESLA <http://cesla.info/?p=213/> and the GNOME
Foundation <http://gnome.org/> for sponsoring.

Travel to Zaragoza for the marketing hackfest.