On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 04:47:28PM +0800, Frederic Muller wrote:
> What a nice answer... The problem is not about growing up but about
> preserving the GNOME identity.

What is the problem exactly? I'd feel weird registering at an KDE site,
because I'd only register for Desktop Summit (which I view as a
different organization than KDE or GNOME, even if it consists of people
from both). I have 0 interest in my details being used for anything
else. Additionally, I don't want my details to be stored in some site
I'll never visit.

If the identify.kde.org could have:
 * another 'frontend' with a desktopsummit.org layout (a theme)
 * call it identity.desktopsummit.org (serveralias + theme only)
 * guarantee that my details are only used for Desktop Summit (e.g.
   hidden field which stores this only for identity.desktopsummit.org so
   details can be deleted afterwards)
 * some kind of privacy policy explanation + guarantee (from KDE towards
   Desktop Summit -- I mean this in a legal sense, no problems trusting
   KDE... but you could theoretically have legal issues. Usually you
   cannot just share privacy related information with another
   organisation)
then IMO whomever does the work (KDE sysadmins) decides, no?

Could DS team comment if above is feasible?

Thanks

--
Regards,
Olav