On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 02:33:56PM +0000, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> as opposed to the days of GNOME 2.x, the tweak UI tool is actually
> maintained, hosted on git.gnome.org, released along with the rest of
> GNOME, and designed by the GNOME design team. but, obviously, having
> three maintained UIs for settings, an extension mechanism that blows
> out of the water anything that was ever available in GNOME 2.x, is a
> clear regression for whosoever decides to tinker with GNOME. oh, no,

The common thing I see in various articles is that there is a GNOME
design team and they're against any form of customization. Especially
extensions.

Clearly this mindset is not real. So suggest to constructively change
that, e.g.:
- article on gnome.org "simple by default, crazily extensible by design"
- interview with some journalist
- some blogposts

--
Regards,