Hi,

On May 20, 2013 10:33 PM, "Andreas Nilsson" <li...@andreasn.se> wrote:
> I wasn't suggesting IRC meetings per se, but we need some kind of
mechanism to report to the broader foundation what we are up to on a
regular basis, similar to how we communicate with the Advisory board.

If only there were a way to communicate asynchronously with foundation
members - a mailing list or something - you could avoid an inconvenient
real-time meeting.

> If something like a e-mail with a status report from the board to
foundation-list would be a better mechanism, I would support that.

That sounds like an excellent idea, except calling it a status report is a
guarantee it won't happen regularly.

Suggestion: when you could use help with something, send an email asking.
When you finish a task, drop a quick email letting people know.

If you're announcing things to members, they're not involved. If you're
talking to them, they can be (see the difference?).

Cheers,
Dave.