Hi Benjamin,

You raise an interesting point.

Back when I was freelancing as an audio engineer I used to pay for this
kind of cover myself and it costed around £130 a year for an individual.
The work I do for my charity (Scottish based) is covered by the charity as
are our disclosures (for working with vulnerable people in the UK a
disclosure of any criminal convictions is required by law here).

I think it's fair to assume volunteers can't really afford to pay
individual liability cover for volunteer work and perhaps that they should
not be asked to pay for it either since they are making valuable regular
contributions. Perhaps projects (including GNOME) involved in OPW (or
generally, for that matter) should be asked consider covering all their
card carrying members with liability cover to protect their members as they
carry out volunteer work?

Magdalen