Hi,

On 05/21/2015 02:25 PM, Karen Sandler wrote:
> I have a few questions for the candidates too. I agree with what has
> been said by Jeff and Josh that it's important that people on the board
> have a diverse skillset, so I wouldn't expect all board members to
> answer yes on these, but I think it's good to know if at least a few
> people on the board have some background in these areas...

> Have you ever done any fundraising?

Yes. I've been a technical resource during both fund-raising and
acquisition stages of multiple start-ups. I've also done deep dives with
potential investors. Determining what technology to focus on can be
crucial to fund-raising.

I do not have experience sourcing new income (with the exception of the
Builder crowd-funding), however this is something I'm increasingly
interested in.

> Are you comfortable asking sponsors for money?

I am. I'm comfortable discovering the reasons it is in their best
interest to do so. It's not always obvious how important our stack is to
various current and potential sponsors.

> Have you ever been in a manager role?

I have not, other than my time as a maintainer of various projects.
While these are different roles, encouragement and fostering growth are
key to the success of either.

> Do you have any experience talking to reporters?

To a degree. My experience has been with ensuring they have the
information necessary to write articles and less about press releases.

> Have you ever talked to a group of people about why software freedom is
> important?

I regularly take part in both Free and Open Source software outreach in
the San Francisco area. I've spoken to small (a couple people) and large
(100+ people) and am comfortable with both.

Thanks!

-- Christian