> In this particular case, my aim is to provide a minimal set of
  > requirements that apply to all software hosting sites, even those that
  > choose to label themselves as "Open Source" rather than as "Free
  > Software".

These issues are not limited to free software.  Making it more general
would avoid this name issue entirely.

  > That said, in contexts such as this, I'd be happy to switch from saying
  > "Free and Open Source Software" to saying "Free Software / Open Source
  > Software" or "Free, Libre, and Open Source Software", if you feel that
  > that would more fully acknowledge Free Software.

If you want to mention both camps, "Free/Libre and Open Source
Software" is always the best way to do it.  See
http://gnu.org/philosophy/floss-and-foss.html for the reasons why.

--
Dr Richard Stallman