On Sat, 2016-01-09 at 15:46 +0100, Mathieu Duponchelle wrote:
> Hey, you did not react to Nicolas Dufresne's suggestion of using
> webrtc ?
> Services like appear.in do not require installing extra software, as
> most
> of the heavy lifting is already done by modern browsers ( I'm sure
> someone
> will implement support in emacs at some point :) ).

I agree, WebRTC is clearly the winning technology and the way to go in
the future.

It's not true that all modern browsers support it, though, so I don't
think it's fair to start using it quite yet. The implementation in
WebKit, for example, is still buggy and disabled in both WebKitGTK+ and
Safari. That needs fixed before we start using it for GNOME events,
else people won't be able to participate with the GNOME web browser....

Michael