On Wed, 2018-05-02 at 10:53 +0100, Allan Day wrote: > = Foundation Board Minutes for Tuesday, May 1st 2018, 18:00 UTC = > > Next meeting date Tuesday, May 8th 2018, 18:00 UTC > > == Attending == > > * MegFord > * AllanDay > * DidierRoche > * CosimoCecchi > * NeilMcGovern > * RosannaYuen > > == Regrets == > > * NuritziSanchez > * AlexandreFranke > * CarlosSoriano > > == Missing == > > == Agenda == > > * Feedback from Travel Committee (Didier) > https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/49 > * Map tile access (Meg) > * OpenMindsClub (Meg) > > Deferred: > > * Events code of conduct (Allan) > * Engagement Committee (Nuritzi) > * Vote for charter and propose members > * https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/16 > > == Minutes == > > * Feedback from Travel Committee (Didier) > * Didier has met with David from the travel committee, and shared > his notes - https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Board/issues/49 > * David is generally happy. > * Didier raised some points with David: > * Possibility of inviting specific individuals to events, > potentially non-Foundation members. David is OK with this, but we'd > need to decide how it will be handled in practice - who approves each > invitation? > * Neil - we have done this in the past. It can come out of a > conference budget. It doesn't necessarily have to be through the > travel committee. > * Allan - how do we make this facility available to other > Foundation members, so they can request invitations? We ought to have > guidelines or documentation so people know that this facility is > available. > * Didier - David was keen for the board to handle this - didn't > want to be handling decisions for this. > * It sounds like this is up to the board to resolve. > * Providing an option for people to have their sponsorship paid > prior to travel - David agreed to this in principle. He doesn't want > to push it too hard, and it could involve additional bureaucracy for > the committee. > * Allowing more intercontinental travel - for example, to allow > more people from the US travelling to GUADEC. David's view - it's > just > a question of cost and budget, and people planning far enough ahead > to > allow this kind of travel. Seems that this is a responsibility for > event organisers. > * Prices going up while waiting for sponsorship approval - > hackfests need to be announced further in advance. David has agreed > to > change the wording of the policy, to make it a bit friendlier, not > proposing policy changes at the moment though. Applications should > get > a response within a week. Delays often result from incomplete > applications. > * Meg - sponsorship requests can open late for GUADEC. Being > able > to book further in advance would be good. There can also be back and > forth with the committee if their travel suggestion is impractical. > * Neil - our staff travel policy provides some detail on what > constitutes a reasonable travel option - this might be useful for the > committee. > * Allan - the issue with prices going up would be reduced if > processing times were faster. Perhaps the process could be > streamlined, to speed things up? One option - applicants suggest a > flight based on guidelines for what's reasonable, then the TC just > checks it over and approves/refuses.
FWIW, processing times for events like GUADEC are not usually processed before the talks have been accepted. They cannot, as the speakers have preference, and budget is limited. There is a guideline for looking for reasonable prices. In my past experience at the TC, among all people applying few of them actually did their homework. -- Germán Poo-Caamaño http://calcifer.org/
Description: This is a digitally signed message part
_______________________________________________ foundation-list mailing list email@example.com https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/foundation-list