Hi,

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 12:41 PM Tobias Mueller <mue...@cryptobitch.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 07:48 -0500, mcatanz...@gnome.org wrote:
> > On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 7:12 AM, Andrea Veri <a...@gnome.org> wrote:
> > > I didn't express myself clearly enough: I really meant we haven't
> > > received enough candidacies for the elections and the voting phase
> > > begin, thus the need to extend the timelines. We currently collected
> > > total of 5 candidates, 2 to go for the elections to actually start:
> >
> > This seems like case in point for why we should switch to two-year
> > terms! Hopefully this will be the final election in which we elect
> > seven directors all at the same time.
> I think it's not a very good case for a longer term, though.
> Just a few mails earlier we have seen an email in which a candidate
> wondered whether they could make enough time available.
> With a longer term that problem gets worse, not better.

At one point the board discussed allowing candidates to run either for a
two year or one year term. I think that would solve your issue: candidates
who are working on projects that require more time can run for a two year
term and those who are unable to make a long term commitment could run for
a one year term.

Meg