On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 6:36 AM Benjamin Berg <benja...@sipsolutions.net>
wrote:

> Hi Philip,
>
> On Tue, 2019-06-11 at 11:56 +0200, Tobias Mueller wrote:
> > On Thu, 2019-06-06 at 11:20 -0700, Philip Chimento via foundation-list
> > wrote:
> > > If elected to the board, how would you help to build trust and
> > > collaborative working relationships among the directors, and encourage
> > > healthy debate?
> > I think this is a great question for all the candidates and I would be
> > delighted to read statements of candidates who want to position
> > themselves.
>
> I don't particularly like bringing this up again, however, I do find it
> sad that you never responded to this question.

I saw no purpose in that.

> Also, I was surprised to
> see that the archives have been updated recently but no public
> statement has been made yet.

I am not intending to make any public statement. The board decided to make
this change as a result of a private conversation with a person who was
involved in that discussion, who intended that it be resolved without
making a fuss.

To be specific you updated the minutes of 2018-05-29 on the 2019-07-08
> adding[1]:
>
> """
>   * Code of conduct approval (Alexandre)
>    * Alexandre wants to have on the record that he disagrees with how
>      the board approved the CoC
> """
>
> In contrast, your original summary on foundation-list read:
>
> """
> […], I am clarifying explicitly in this addendum that Alexandre Franke
> was not present at the above board meeting (see list of attendees), and
> that in the following board meeting he went on the record stating that
> he disagreed with the outcome of the above votes.
> """[2], similar during the 2018-10-09 Board meeting [3]
>
> Now. What strikes me is that this was a considerable misrepresentation
> of what Alexandre said at the time, and the possibility of exactly such
> a misrepresentation was a major concern in the discussion[4]. It may
> appear like be a detail at first, but the fact that Alexandre voiced
> his disagreement with *how* the vote happened and not with the
> *outcome* of the vote is a fundamental difference. From his own
> statement, we do not know whether or not Alexandre agrees with the
> outcome.

That was how I read it at the time. I think the interpretation that I
initially assumed is a reasonable interpretation of those words. I agree
that yours is, too. I do not intend to argue about the meanings of words. I
myself have no clue what Alexandre meant, as I was not part of the board
when that discussion took place. Also honestly I don't care. The full
extent of my involvement is that I inherited this action item from the
2017–2018 board.

Now, I do believe that mistakes like this can and do happen. But
> considering the situation, do you think that Alexandre or any other
> foundation member have grounds to trust you?

I don't get to decide whether people have grounds to trust me. People make
up their own minds. But this insinuation is ridiculous.
--
Philip