What type of hardware are you running? Are you running in any sort of active-active or active-standy mode?
If you only have one serveriron then this should do: (from http://www.foundrynet.com/services/documentation/siug/ServerIron_NAT.htm l#47377 ) " Configuring Static Address Translations Use the following CLI method to configure static NAT. USING THE CLI To configure static NAT for an IP address, enter commands such as the following: ServerIron(config)# ip nat inside source static 10.10.10.69 209.157.1.69 The commands in this example statically map the private address 10.10.10.69 to the Internet address 209.157.1.69. Syntax: [no] ip nat inside source static <private-ip> <global-ip> This command associates a specific private address with a specific Internet address. Use this command when you want to ensure that the specified addresses are always mapped together. The inside source parameter specifies that the mapping applies to the private address sending traffic to the Internet. The <private-ip> parameter specifies the private IP address. The <global-ip> parameter specifies the Internet address. The ServerIron supports up to 255 global IP addresses. Neither of the IP address parameters needs a network mask. " If you are running dual chassis devices in an active-active or active-standby mode I would wait for the new code to be released shortly. The new (shortly released) IronWare 9.2 code will greatly simplify this. Instructions for the new configuration are in the release notes for that release. -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Timothy Arnold Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 8:20 AM To: [email protected] Subject: [f-nsp] Serveriron / nat Hi Foundry Guru's I am hoping someone could enlighten me on now network address translation works in the serveriron. Here is the situation. I have two vlan's configured - the public vlan with routable IP addresses, this is where the VIP addresses are. The second vlan is a standard 10.x netblock where the servers are located. I have a number of VIPs and load balance a number of web servers - this works great. However, I have a management server that will be accessible via web, ssh etc. Do I need to create a VIP address just for this one server, or can I someway map a public IP address to the internal IP address and vice versa? I hope I have made myself clear! Thanks Tim. :) _______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list [email protected] http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
