I have four HP 9304 which basically is a Foundry BigIron 4k. We've been using both HP and Foundry firmwares. Have had a few probs but v7800k seems to have sorted it all out. CLI is cisco like (although with several drawbacks in the usability like history is weird... ) Cheap box that will push a lot of packets. Can't do much fancy stuff with it but hey, it's cheap.
Since we have HP I can't comment on the Foundry support. We have had some major problems just recently, the box just died on us. But this was resolved by the new software. Hope it helps :) Kristian On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 11:26:11AM -0800, Joseph Jackson wrote: > Greetings All, > > > > The company that I work for is planning a network infrastructure > upgrade within the coming months. We are wanting to replace all out > Cabletron devices with something from either Cisco or Foundry. So far I > have talked to both parties and they both have good points and bad points. > As of right now I am leaning towards foundry based on the price and their > performance marks in the documentation I have seen from them. My question > for you all is what experience has the people of this list gotten from > foundry? Do they stand by their word? Is their support helpful? How > stable do their products seem? Do you have to fight with the devices to get > them to do what you want? Any info you all can give me will be greatly > appreciated. > > > > Thanks > > Joseph Jackson > > ANI Networks > > > _______________________________________________ > foundry-nsp mailing list > foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net > http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
