I really need some help here - I am a Cisco/F5 engineer that has been thrown into a situation with a pair of Foundry Serveriron XLs, and I have little to no knowledge or resources for configuring them.
I have a test environment that can be simplified to this: [/24 public]----[SI XL Active / NAT]----[/24 private] Public address space is 10.99.1.0/24, with the Active LB acting as a default gateway (10.4.20.1) Private address space is 10.4.20.0/24, with cisco 3560s doing HSRP to act as a default gateway (10.99.1.1) I have a test VIP going, and it works fine - but I cant get outgoing NAT to work. I want to be able to simply initiate a connection from private address space, NAT to a single overloaded address on the LB, and interact with a 'public' address. Here is my configuration from the Active LB, I appreciate any guidance. Current configuration: ! ver 07.4.00T12 global-protocol-vlan ! ! server backup ethe 13 00e0.5201.0c72 server backup-preference 5 server backup-group 1 ! server port 3389 tcp ! server router-ports 1 2 ! ! server real test01 10.4.20.11 port 3389 ! server virtual vtest01 10.99.1.11 port 3389 bind 3389 test01 3389 ! ! vlan 1 name DEFAULT-VLAN by port no spanning-tree ! vlan 2 by port untagged ethe 13 no spanning-tree ! vlan 11 by port untagged ethe 1 router-interface ve 1 ! vlan 12 by port untagged ethe 2 router-interface ve 2 ! hostname TESTLB01 ip forward ip address 10.99.1.3 255.255.255.0 ip nat inside ip nat inside source list 1 pool OutAdds overload ip nat pool OutAdds 10.99.1.2 10.99.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 ip default-gateway 10.99.1.1 ip policy 1 cache tcp 0 global ip policy 2 cache udp 0 global interface e 13 no spanning-tree ! interface ve 1 ip standby-address 10.99.1.2 255.255.255.0 ! interface ve 2 ip standby-address 10.4.20.1 255.255.255.0 ! access-list 1 permit 10.4.20.0 0.0.0.255
