Jimmy Stewpot wrote: > Hello, > > I am interested to know if anyone has managed to get the creation of > vlans with snmp working on the bigiron rx series. I have currently got > working scripts for the older generation products, but it seems those > scripts do not work, I have been working to debug them with little to no > luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. > > Regards, > > Jimmy > _______________________________________________ > foundry-nsp mailing list > foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net > http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
After some looking through the mib it clicked and I can now create VLANs using SNMP without any problems. The net-snmp command line to create a VLAN is as such. snmpset -v2c -c <community string> <hostname or IP> .1.3.6.1.4.1.1991.1.1.3.2.6.1.3.<VLAN NUMBER>.<INTERFACE IN VLAN> i 4 .1.3.6.1.4.1.1991.1.1.3.2.6.1.4.<VLAN NUMBER>.<INTERFACE IN VLAN> i <1 or 2> the VLAN Number could be for example 100, the interface in VLAN is the interface that you want to assign into the VLAN. As far as I can tell you must assign an interface into the vlan in order to create it. the integer value 4 is to create the vlan on the switch. the second OID is to create a tagged or untagged interface depending if you set 1 or 2. for example .1.3.6.1.4.1.1991.1.1.3.2.6.1.3.1009.897 i 4 .1.3.6.1.4.1.1991.1.1.3.2.6.1.4.1009.897 i 1 Would create vlan 1009 and include port 897 as a tagged interface. (on one line). You can get the Interface number by walking the device.
