Foundry is coming out of the networking area... all of the Appication Delivery Controllers offered by Foundry are able to forward traffic at L2 or L3 in wirespeed in case they are not SLB related. The chassis based systems are expandable very easily (you can add more processing power/additional ports and some other stuff). Redundant power supplies are available for every unit.
F5 is coming out of the appliance area. Are you looking for a nice GUI? Something colorful? I am sorry but I am a CLI fan and things like that are something for kids from my point of view even if there are maybe some situations where it is useful - I am always faster using the CLI. F5 just came out with their first chassis based solution. The license model is very complex and you have to pay for close to everything. There is just a single license talking about Foundry. Let me know if you need something else and I am going to send you some stuff offline. R, Oliver At 08:15 09.02.2008, Paul Raj Khangure wrote: >I was wondering if anyone had any F5 experience and could give a rough >overview of comparitive advantages / disadvantages, or point me in a >general direction of where to concentrate on evaluation. > >prk >_______________________________________________ >foundry-nsp mailing list >foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net >http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
