Dave Bradshaw schrieb: Hi Dave,
> Hi, I have just purchased a BigIron 4000 chasis and it was missing a > management card. > > I would like to do BGP with this BigIron 4000, and want to make sure that > the management card =BZGMR3 is capable of doing BGP. yes, this very, very(, very) old card can do BGP. Actually, it's even possible with Management II cards(and currently being used by some ISPs I happen to know). Since that old foundry gear is really cheap, you might consider buying at least a Jetcore management module. J-BxGMR4 will do the job pretty good for small money. This module supports 512MB Dram, has a larger CAM(4 times iirc) and supports input ACL(or output?) in hardware. It is a much better module and will also work in your chassis. (Mixing ironcore/jetcore modules is not supported) > Can anybody verify that this card would allow us to do BGP? When I search > google I see the word "Load Balancer" in the title and am worried that this > only does load balancing. It does with a Full-Layer3 image < IronWare 8 since the flash memory is too small for IronWare 8+. Also, neither the M3 nor the M4 Jetcore module support IPv6 in hardware. With an Ironware 8 image you can do IPv6 but only in software. HTH, Nico -- Accelerated IT Services GmbH Schubertstrasse 10 D-67251 Freinsheim nk at accelerated.de http://www.accelerated.de/ Telefon: +49 69-25738580-3 Telefax: +49 69-25738580-4 HRB: 60665 - Amtsgericht Ludwigshafen UstID: DE253684415 Gesch?ftsf?hrende Gesellschafter: Nicolaj Kamensek & Ole Krieger
