Chatting with someone off-list makes me realize I forget an important
bit of information. Most of my hosts are virtual -- so any given port is
actually talking to a handful of virtual machines. Which I suspect makes
it harder to be clever with protocol vlans.

seph

seph <[email protected]> writes:

> Hi all, I've been rebuilding my network, and I've started configuring a
> couple of foundry switches, and I find myself thinking there might be a
> better way.
>
> My previous network was a straightforward set of vlans with a
> router/firewall between them. A pretty simple set of rules -- web
> servers can talk to a handful of app server ports; app serves can talk
> to a handful of db server ports. Etc.
>
> Playing with the with my foundries (FCX624s), it looks pretty easy to
> replicate that. But I wonder, would it make more sense for me to flatten
> my network and use protocol based vlans?
>
> Anyone have recommendations or whitepapers that are worth reading?
>
> seph
> _______________________________________________
> foundry-nsp mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to