As you know, many of the newer Brocade products only offer inbound ACL's. When applying some recently I ran into results that I did not expect and was hoping for some help. I am applying these to the VE entity that is associated with the VLAN and my goal is to isolate that VLAN except for a few hosts and services. My understanding is that when considering ACL's, you should place yourself within the router when evaluating the inbound vs outbound traffic flow. In this case I am the VE 50 inside of the router so I would assume that my "incoming" should be the packets that do not have my subnet source address. Which of the two ACL lists is correct for this application? Is there a better way to do this?

I am attempting to allow two host addresses to access 50 from subnets 8 and 6 and all of 18 subnet to access subnet 50. The goal is to also restrict the any hosts from 50 from initiating a connection to anything other than the two hosts and the single subnet.

List applied at VE

interface ve 50
 ip address 10.4.50.1/24
 ip access-group SubNet-50 in


List Trial ONE

ip access-list extended SubNet-50

  permit ip 10.4.50.0/24 host 10.4.8.5
  permit ip 10.4.50.0/24 host 10.4.6.9
  permit ip 10.4.50.0/24 10.4.18.0/24

List Trial Two

ip access-list extended SubNet-50

  permit ip host 10.4.8.5 10.4.50.0/24
  permit ip host 10.4.6.9 10.4.50.0/24
  permit ip  10.4.18.0/24 10.4.50.0/24


_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to