Hello Martin,

thanks for your reply.

Yeah, that's the trick.
Michiel also pointed me to the "tag-type 9100 ethe  1/x"-setting. I knew  it
from q-in-q but didn't know that it also works with mpls.

The following config did the trick:

vpls VPLS-between-customer-switches 2002 max-mac 1024
  vpls-peer 10.10.10.2
  vpls-mtu 1518
  vlan 2002
   untagged ethe 1/3
tag-type 9100 ethe 1/3


Again thanks to all of you,
Gunther




-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Martin Pels [mailto:[email protected]] 
Gesendet: Dienstag, 8. Juni 2010 15:06
An: Gunther Stammwitz
Cc: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: [f-nsp] how to transport 802.1q-tagged ethernet over mpls
without using double-tagging?

Hi Gunther,

On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 14:46:18 +0200
"Gunther Stammwitz" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello,
> 
>  
> 
> I'd like to connect two CE-switches that speak 802.1q tagged vlans
> (1untagged, 5 and 10 tagged) with each other over a MPLS core.
> 
> Mpls always wants to use vlan-tag it receives on the port of the PE
> router to identify individual vll or vpls-services.
> 
> How can I turn this off? I simply want to carry all the traffic
> including the tags over the cloud to the edge router.

You should be able to achieve this by configuring your VPLS instances
in tagged mode. Set "vc-mode tagged" in VPLS context.

Kind regards,
Martin



_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to