It is possible. I am using 4.0.0.1d. I have tied local ve with vpls without 
looping. 

Vpls end point port is tagged or untagged going to a switch. Switch has same 
vlan tagged or untagged on different port for same vlan coming back to router 
for local ve. You are creating physical looped topology but it is not a logical 
loop. 

Thanks,
Pritesh

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mike Hughes
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 11:47 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [f-nsp] ve in VPLS on NetIron XMR?

--On 15 June 2010 13:42 -0500 Brad Fleming <[email protected]> wrote:

> We're running IronWare 4.0.0.1d on NetIron XMRs. Is it possible to tie a
> local VE into a VPLS without looping ports together?
> 
> Based upon the ConfigGuide, I don't think its possible without looping
> ports but I thought I'd ask... figure some of you all have been down this
> road and know the answer already.

VEs into VPLS should be supported in 5.0.0 and later.

Mike
-- 
Mike Hughes     Chief Technical Officer  London Internet Exchange Ltd.
[email protected]   http://www.linx.net/     
Registered in England 3137929 at Trinity Court, Peterborough, PE1 1DA
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to