Another one to take a look toward is:
ip rate-limit arp policy-name <policy name>
You can find it on page 706 (of 2718) in the 5.1.00 Config Guide.

And if you're really concerned abut broadcast traffic, an L2 ACL on ingress ports with rate-limiters can be very effective with little effort.

On Nov 25, 2010, at 5:03 PM, Brendan Mannella wrote:

Ok so I have found the

ip icmp burst-normal [value] burst-max [value] lockup [value]

ip tcp burst-normal [value] burst-max [value] lockup [value]

Can someone send me values that are acceptable in a production environment? It seems both commands above are only for connections directed at the device, so they really wouldn't effect transiting traffic. Am I correct?

Brendan Mannella


On Nov 25, 2010, at 5:13 PM, Nuno Vieira - nfsi telecom <[email protected] > wrote:

You have updated documentation on http://kp.foundrynet.com/

regards,
--nvieira

----- Original Message -----
We purchased a couple MLX-e (XMR) that act as border/core routers to
be used in a hosting environment. I have googled and only came up with
a doc from '03. I have done most of the basic stuff, but wondered if
someone could point me to a newer doc or give me config examples.

I am looking for something similar to RE-Protect on Junos. Things like
rate-limiting icmp headed towards the router itself and other best
practices, aswell as basic DOS protection. No icmp redirects, etc.

Thanks in Advance

Brendan
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to