I'm in a situation where I'm currently looking at moving a couple of MRP rings into VPLS, and wondered if there was a consensus as to implementing multi-homing?
The scenario I'm thinking of is where a legacy platform such as a FastIron Edge or BigIron connects to two MLX/XMRs. As I'm from a Juniper background, I was usually put the VPLS on both tails into the MLX and enable multi-homing, setting one to be a higher priority than the other. I can only presume this is a Juniper extension, and would require BGP-signalling in any case which I can't use due to constraints elsewhere (a number of CES boxes). I figured it might be possible, considering the intermediary box is a Brocade box to implement VSRP there, but what if there were two BigIrons - would you use an MRP ring and add the ring and the VPLS into a topology-group? I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on the matter. Matthew Walster _______________________________________________ foundry-nsp mailing list [email protected] http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp
