Hi George,

I am trying to figure out a way to make all of the services on the real server 
be marked failed if only the http healthcheck fails.

I have found this command online 'hc-track-port' but it doesn't work in 7.4

Do you or (anyone?) know how you can do this in the 7.4 version?

thanks,
-Drew


From: George B. [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2011 12:01 AM
To: Drew Weaver
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [f-nsp] ServerIron XL hard coded ICMP limit

SSL checks are *extremely* expensive and I have run serverirons out of CPU 
doing them before.  I suggested to Brocade many years ago (back when they were 
Foundry) that they not generate new RSA keys each time for health checks.  Give 
an option where the same key can be re-used for healthchecks only.  This would 
greatly reduce the load.  I am trying to remember how I remedied the situation 
but it has been years.  I think I ended up just doing a regular http health 
check as that would tell me if the daemon was up and running on the server or 
not.  I didn't need to verify so much that the remote host could gen keys and 
the same process listened on both 80 and 443, so I just checked 80 and assumed 
443 was working too.

It has been a while, though.  Or maybe I just did a TCP check to the port to 
make sure it was listening, I don't remember.  But if they had the option not 
to gen new keys for each health check, it would greatly reduce load on checks.  
That suggestion is probably long down the memory hole at this point, though.

George


On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 11:12 AM, Drew Weaver 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Howdy again,

I hate replying to my own messages but I have made progress =)

It seems that the pings are failing when the health checks are running.

Are healthcks really resource intensive?

(especially ones like this):

healthck node-ssl tcp
 dest-ip 222.222.222.222
 port ssl
 protocol ssl
 protocol ssl url "GET /test/gif.gif"
 protocol ssl use-complete
 l7-check

I noticed that with the above configuration that pings to the switch fail quite 
regularly.

If I add 'interval 30' to the configuration it seems like pings only fail once 
every 30 seconds.

The goal is to not have it fail at all..

Anyone seen this before, know how to fix it?

Thanks,
-Drew


From: 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> 
[mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
 On Behalf Of Drew Weaver
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:41 AM
To: foundry-nsp
Subject: [f-nsp] ServerIron XL hard coded ICMP limit

Does anyone know if there is a hard coded ICMP limit in a serveriron XL for 
both packets directed at the system and passed through it?

I am having the weirdest issues where ping monitoring a serveriron XL and 
anything directly connected to the serveriron xl gets messed up even though 
there is no real reason why on the network.

It is not configured (by me) to have any sort of rate-limit.

Anyone have any thoughts?

-Drew

_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to