I think Brocade markets the CES for mainly layer 2 features such as
carrier/metro ethernet, PBB, etc.  The CER lacks some of the layer 2
features offered by the CES.


On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Nick Hilliard <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 11/05/2013 23:05, Matt Kassawara wrote:
> > I believe you need the CER to do both BGP and MPLS.
>
> The CES and CER are the same hardware except for FIB size.
>
> There was a conscious decision to structure the licensing so that you can't
> run mpls + bgp.
>
> This means that these boxes are basically useless for mpls PE service
> because among other things they don't support layer 3 vpns properly.
>
> I am speechless.  This feature cripple is so beyond rational comprehension
> that I have no idea what to say other than wtf.
>
> Nick
>
>
>
_______________________________________________
foundry-nsp mailing list
[email protected]
http://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/foundry-nsp

Reply via email to