Note that there is also a bug with snapshot and
performing multiple "screen/window captures".  If you
want to save many graphics, try this procedure:

This is from memory, so I may assume a few steps.

For AW50's:
-Run /usr/openwin/lib/snapshot (from vt100)
-select beep, window, 8 seconds (just my preference)
-click capture (ok button)
-select window to capture (and wait for until beeping
is over)
-when the viewer comes up, you might a dark image or
funky colors.  Click <cntrl>-<again> (could be that
diamond key <> and again).
-do file, save as (make sure you click on sun raster,
like pdf describes, then the real format.  I like gif.
easy and transportable).
-[here's the trick].  Now do open as and choose your
graphic (note: you have to do the same click on sun
raster then the gif format).
-Close the viewer if it graphic opens.
-Repeat as needed (or until bottle is empty).

AW70's (or NT xterm):
-Select window
-<shift>-<alt>-<printscreen> (this will capture the
window)
-If you have microsoft photo editor (should come with
office), then you can run that and do edit->paste as
new image. Save as gif.
-If no photoedotor, paintbush will work (similar
method as photoeditor). I recommend using another
graphics package to paste to or convert the bmp.
bitmaps are generally very large (1 meg or more).

The advantage of doing the captures on the sunbox is
that it makes very small but good quality graphics
(~50K per graphic!).  The disadvantage is that
annoying procedure.

I also recommend looking for a sun freeware screen
capture tool.  But those don't come on AW's out of the
box.

Chris.

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/