At 10:09 AM 4/4/00 -0400, Stan Brown wrote:

>>      I have a couple of questions about this script. The documentation
says
>>      it should be placed in /opt/tools, yet it chesk for the existence of
>>      file called save_all.sh in /opt/fox/ciocfg/api. I don;t have such a
>>      file.
>>
>>      Am I missing some thing, or is this where this script should be
placed?

>>      We are on version 6.1 on Solaris, if it matters.
>>
>>      Thanks.
>>

>       Following up my own message is bad protocol :-(
>
>       I did find a shell script in this directory called save_all
>       (without the .sh extension). Is this the correct one? Should
>       I edit the supplied save_all.sh, to represent this changed
>       name?

You're on the right track, Stan.

Near the beginning of the save_all.sh script, there are these lines:

    if [ "$PLATFORM" = "Windows_NT" ] # Define executable Name
    then
       SA_EXEC="save_all.ksh"
    else
       SA_EXEC="save_all.sh"
    fi

not knowing anything about the NT platform, I'll leave it alone, but
for the "else" case, change it to say:

    else
    #  SA_EXEC="save_all.sh"
       SA_EXEC="save_all"
    fi

That ought to do it from my quick browsing of the script. BTW, Ron Deen
is on this list, hopefully he'll set me straight if I erred.

Regards,

Duc

--
The Cassandra Project