We add new FBMs all of the time and have not seen your problem, we have
seen something weird at V6.1  & V6.1.1,  Sometimes when we install FBMs, or
possibly push/pull an FBM, the FBM will not auto boot.  The first thought
is that there is a failed FBM.  However, if the installer knows to try a
download of the module from System Mgmt., they will probably find that the
module will boot.

Neil Martin

                    "Craig

                    Rookes"              To:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> AT i-net@CCM
                    <c.rookes@met        cc:     (bcc: Neil Martin/US/PC/HUNTSMAN)

                    hanex.com> AT        Subject:     Failed FBM

                    i-net

                    06/15/00

                    03:35 PM

Hi
I had a bad fault occur on one of our plant cp,s and wonder if anyone has
seen the same

We have a fault tolerant cp 30 with 10 different fbm,s connected to it running
software ver 6.1
I added a new fbm via ECB, install etc
I then added the new fbm to the first position on a y adapter which had a card
already in the second slot which was healthy
The new card didn't do anything (no red green ) but the card next to it
crashed.(red green)
buy taking out the healthy card, and trying in a new slot or new hardware
or delete / undeleting the ECB had no effect on getting it back. System
management showed the cards status as blue or red for the existing fbm when
tried to put online. Downloading seems to lock up the system (download is
enabled ) Currently we have no new fbm and one old fbm that wont work in
any slot ??
All hardware is ok
The same ver of software is loaded on a hotspare and the fbm,s can be added
no worries.
The major concern is that adding a new FBM to an existing system can crash
a active FBM??
Any thoughts