A test may be to use a loadall disk from a time before the conversion.

Lance

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Markham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 9:30 AM
To: Foxboro DCS Mail List (E-mail)
Subject: ICC Connection problems

I have a problem connecting to a CP10 with the ICC. I get a message
indicating that the ICC failed to communicate with an error code of -23.
The
controller continues to run the process: the green light stays on, the
red
light stays off, and the SMDH indicates that there are no problems.

TAC had us try the following:
> Try this next:
>  5AWB01# cd /usr/fox/sp/files
>
> 5AWB01# cp DB5CP101.init DB5CP101.UC
> 5AWB01# cd /usr/fox/csa
> 5AWB01# csa_fn reset 5CP101
> 5AWB01#
> Of course, substitute your letterbug for 5CP101.  Now go to ICC and
> MAINT, Initialize
> Then reboot CP
> Now MAINT, loadall
> Checkpoint
> Get out of ICC and then try to get back in to edit blocks.

Of course, we had to do a general download to get all the FBMs running
again.

After this we can get into the CP for a minute or two, then the same
failure
happens again. We even tried swapping this CP10 with another one that we
have. The problem was unchanged. TAC is stumped and has suggested
replacing
the CP again, but this just doesn't seem like a hardware problem to me.

One other bit of info. We first noticed this problem about a month after
we
upgraded the host AW from a 51B to a 51E.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

-JAM

To be removed from this list, send mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with "unsubscribe foxboro" in the Subject. Or, send any mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]