Here's some sample code for you.

APP_NAME : SN0001;    { Name of DMC application }
CNTDWN   : SN0009;    { AOA reference for CNTDWN }

{ This stores the destination tag as a string into CNTDWN}
CNTDWN := APP_NAME,":DMCOP.CNTDWN";

{ This clears the count down timer. Note the use of : and ' }
:'CNTDWN' := 0;

You can use string variables rather than parameters. I like to use the
parameters as a debugging aid.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex Johnson