        From:  Stan Brown
        Sent:  Thursday, December 07, 2000 8:52 PM
        To:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:  Re: Solaris 2.6

        On Mon Dec  4 14:04:02 2000 David Johnson wrote...

        >Yeah,
        >
        >The rest of the world is running Solaris 8, but Foxboro isn't sure
if 2.6
        >is stable yet.  After a couple more years of intensive testing I
expect
        >Solaris 2.6 to be included with I/A.

                I strongly sispect that this is a mone$ issue. My geuss is
that Foxboro has an
                unlimited binry re-distribution license for Solaris 2.6, and
Sun won'ts $$ to
                allow them to redistribute newer versions.

                Interestingly enough the HP-UX licenseing position is,
ownership of a mcahine
                implies the right to run base OS binaries. How you get them
(media) is another
                issue. So I would think an OEM using HP-UX would not have
the problem. Anyone
                with ABB systems care to comment on this?

        --
        Stan Brown     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
843-745-3154
        Charleston SC.
        --
        Windows 98: n.
                useless extension to a minor patch release for 32-bit

        This list is neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Foxboro Company.
All
        postings from this list are the work of list subscribers and no
warranty
        is made or implied as to the accuracy of any information
disseminated
        through this medium. By subscribing to this list you agree to hold
the
        list sponsor(s) blameless for any and all mishaps which might occur
due to
        your application of information received from this mailing list.

        To be removed from this list, send mail to
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        with "unsubscribe foxboro" in the Subject. Or, send any mail to
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]